Last updated: October 14, 2022
My Video Vault LLC (“My Video Vault”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
This policy (hereinafter “Agreement”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit https://myvideovault.com/ (our “Site”) or when you download, install, register with, access, and/or use the My Video Vault mobile application (the “App”, together with the Site, the “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This Agreement applies to the information we collect:
- On the Site.
- On the App.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us in connection with the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other apps or website operated by My Video Vault or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Services.
Please read this Agreement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not use our Services. By accessing or using these Services, you confirm that you can form a binding contract with us, that you accept the Agreement and that you agree to comply with it, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Services, with or without registering with My Video Vault, and without paying membership fees) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered with My Video Vault and agreed to (i) pay associated membership fees as further defined on the Site, or (ii) take advantage of a promotional introductory membership to enjoy limited functionality of the App)agreed to pay associated Membership fees). The term “User” or “you” refers to a Visitor and/or a Member.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA) NOTICE
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. Further, no one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information (any terms defined in COPPA have the same meaning when used in this section) to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we do not currently knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16, California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. Please see “Your State Privacy Rights” below for more information.
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name and email address (“Personal Information“); and,
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details (“Usage Data”).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or,
- Automatically as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you elect to contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out after contacting us through our Services and of the fulfillment of your service requests. You may be required to provide financial information before placing membership order through the Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection and Tracking Technologies
We, as well as our service providers and third parties, may also use technology that passively store or collect certain information about you whenever you interact with the Services. This may include:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your Device, and internet connection, including the Device’s unique Device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, network information, and the Device’s telephone number. Unless otherwise specified, the term “Device” in this Agreement shall mean the computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other handheld device, internet connected television or other device that you use to access the Services.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your Device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The Services may collect real-time information about the location of your Device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not access or use the Services and/or delete the App from your Device. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”. The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain features of the Services and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”.
These tracking technologies are necessary for the Services to function and collect information for analytics – note that we do not currently personalize your experience with targeted ads or sell your Personal Information to third parties.
INTERACTIONS WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS AND PLATFORMS
We do not control these Linked Services’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ABOUT A THIRD PARTY
You may have the opportunity to communicate with others from the Services, such as by sending an invitation to a friend. If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about the person with whom you wish to communicate (e.g., name, e-mail address, mobile number, etc.). Before you provide that information to us, you must be sure that your friend has given you permission to do that. My Video Vault collects such information for the purposes of facilitating the requested communication, which may contain a specific promotional message from you (e.g., an invitation to register for the Services). Please be aware that when you use any request or send-to-a-friend functionality on the Services, your e-mail address, mobile number, name or username, and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s).
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you about accounts, programs, contests, and sweepstakes.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The Usage Data that we collect automatically helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
For example, in the event we collect certain information about your interaction with the Services while you are a Visitor, we may associate that information with your Account if you subsequently become a Member.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own marketing or promotional materials. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us with your request at email@example.com. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. For example, if you choose the payment method “Apple Pay” for the purpose of payment processing, your information provided during the ordering process, along with information about your order, will be transmitted to Apple. For more information about Apple Pay privacy, please visit the following web address: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203027.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of My Video Vault LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by My Video Vault LLC about our Users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of My Video Vault LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The categories of Personal Information we may disclose include Personal Information (typically Registration Information) and Usage Data.
Users who were granted access to certain Content posted to the Member’s Account prior to the Member’s death or account termination or deletion may, at My Video Vault’s sole discretion, also be granted a limited right to retrieve and download the select Content that was previously shared with them by Member.
If you do not want us to share this Content, which may include Personal Information, do not access or use the Services and/or delete the App from your Device.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also, but are not required to, retain backup information related to your Account and associated Circles on our servers for as long as is reasonably necessary after cancellation for fraud detection, Services operation or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. Please be aware that, due to the nature of certain internet and mobile technologies outside of our control, such as caching and networked technology, your Account may not be instantly inaccessible to others, and there may be a delay in the removal of your information and content from elsewhere on the internet and from search engines.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
My Video Vault uses servers located in the United States and may use servers in other countries. Any information collected about you in connection with your use of the Services will be used and stored in the United States. We may also transfer your data to other countries (including countries outside of the European Economic Area) for processing by staff who work for us or for one of our contractors. You expressly consent to the processing of your information in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from My Video Vault. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by us to promote our own goods and services, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions. If we have contacted you via text message, you may opt-out by stating you request to the number that first texted you.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see “Your State Privacy Rights” below for more information.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information or User Contributions by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If we delete your User Contributions from the Site, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their Personal Information.
If you are a California resident, you may exercise certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) related to your Personal Information. We adopt this section to comply with the CCPA and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or Device (i.e. Personal Information as defined under the CCPA). This does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope. For example, health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data; or, Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
The Personal Information we collect, and sources for that information, are described above under “Collecting and Using Your Personal Information.” It includes the following categories:
- Personal identifiers, such as name, contact information, email address, photos you send us, and other unique or online identifiers;
- Customer records, such as payment information and other financial account information you provide to us to pay for a purchase;
- Commercial and transactional information, such as products and services purchased; and
- Any inferences that are drawn from the information above.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
Use of Information. California residents have the right to “opt-out” of the sale of their Personal Information to third parties. We do not sell Personal Information. We may use, or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide and improve our products and services.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, payments, rewards, and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including investigating and addressing your concerns and monitoring and improving our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may disclose these categories of Personal Information to third party affiliates and service providers to fulfill our business purposes.
Submit a CCPA Rights Request. If you are a California resident, the CCPA gives you the right to request that we disclose the Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your Personal Information was collected, our purpose for collection, and the categories of Personal Information we disclose and to whom. California residents also have the right to request that we delete their Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. You may make CCPA requests or exercise these rights at no charge up to twice every twelve (12) months. California residents are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our products and services.
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may submit a request by email at email@example.com. In order to protect our customers’ Personal Information, and as required under the CCPA, we will verify your identity by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request, or where necessary to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requester. You may submit a request on your own behalf, or you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization, and we may also require that the relevant individual directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
The CCPA grants California residents the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their privacy rights. We respect your privacy rights and we do not discriminate against individuals for exercising their rights.
California’s ‘Shine the Light’ Law. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request information about our disclosure of Personal Information to affiliated companies or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. To exercise this right, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Privacy Team: Shine the Light.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated email address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah Residents
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their Personal Information.
- Access and delete certain Personal Information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales (if applicable).
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their Personal Information, taking into account the information’s nature and processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.